Monday, March 10, 2014

Pliable Foe

Drugs. I see so many drug deals going on downtown I should just become a NARCISSISTIC. I mean, every day it seems like I see two or three going down. And I am generally a blissfully unaware person. I don't pay attention to things going on around me.

But at the bus stop what else is there to do besides watching the street scenes unfold? And in down town Anchorage that means watching drug deals go down. Which, all and all is better than watching human trafficking. Or prostitution deals. Though those last two are nearly synonyms here. And one sees that happens lot as well.

It doesn't surprise me. Downtowns are always rife with strange scenes. Now, if I could just figure out how to capture theming some kind of tale that would interest others... the white boy meth head with a heart of gold and teeth like rotten coffin pegs. Or the hooked with three kids she's trying to put through Catholic private school.

Transit type stuff? Not so much really. Just standard fare. The busses still run and generally on time. The bike still makes the connections from bus to wherever else I need to be. It is good. It is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment