Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Stop Me if You Think You've Heard This One Before

I was detained...

Naw. Not really. If anything, I've been getting places faster this week than normal. It seems like it took me no time at all to get home last night and getting into to work this morning was likewise seemingly faster than normal.

I have no really thoughts as to why this may be. I think it probably has to do with the feeling in my head, caused by a glut of snot in my sinuses, of swimming in the ether. Ephemera? I don't know, man.

Talking of transportation... well I wasn't, but I will. Buses. They are funny things. When the bus arrived this AM, there were two people on it. Two. The day after a new schedule went into effect. A new schedule that axed a bus. Normally the first bus of the day has five to seven people coming in before it gets to my stop, so it is never full, but I've never seen it so empty before. I'm really not sure what's going on.

The 4:30 bus home, though... that one is full as usual. If anything it might even be a bit more full than normal. I had hoped that the change to the morning schedule would move some folks either to an earlier bus or to an even later bus. Not to be.

That's okay, though. No skin of me nose.

In other transport news, there's a private company trying to put together a, what appears to be on demand, bus service - 24X7X365. At least this is according to the flyer duct taped to the bus stop shelter.



This is not something I worry about as the cost of running this service will keep most VM riders firmly where they are - but we'll see. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment