Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Stairway to Heaven

Nothing compelling to report here. It is a beautiful day and I'm stuck inside. It's my wife's birthday and I'm stuck at work. It's not quite noon and I'm already ready for lunch.

It's always a challenge tempering the desire to just bug out and go for a ride on days like today. If I were younger and didn't have so much riding on my shoulders I probably would just boogie out and enjoy the sun.

But I've gone from simple living to complex living. I've got bills. Okay, that's a lie. I don't think I ever really lived simply. And I've always had bills. I'm terrible at resisting temptation. And plastic made it too easy to fulfill temptation. Now... well now I'm working on payback. Not fun. But, it is what it is. Therefore I can't just close up shop and head out for a ride.

Well. I probably could. I've got vacation hours banked and I have most of my tasks caught up. Good enough, anyway.

But, I wouldn't feel right just taking off for the day. So here I am, dreaming of rides I won't take and trying to keep focused on work...

No comments:

Post a Comment