Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Always running out of time

So, in a fit of pique I decided to delete all my previous posts. I do this from time to time. Decide that blogging is just a bit too darned egotistical, too 2002, too personal yet impersonal.

I've been thinking about what made me want to create a blog to begin with and after examining it, I'm back. See, the blog, while focused on me and my particular commuting challenges, which will be changing and morphing as work and life demands demand, the goal or purpose is to inform others about alternatives to the one person/one car paradigm and show how using alternate forms of transportation can fit into the demands of most any life. I also hope to give folks some insight on gear that works in Alaska - and if something works here, it'll work most anywhere - as well as tips to make the daily grind of commuting just a bit better. Maybe more importantly, this is my place to record what works and doesn't work for my commute and situation - a way to have a record I can go back to - strangely each change of season means I have to relearn a bit of what worked and didn't work the previous one. My memory must be shot.

I'll not post about every commute. That's an easy way to quickly burn out as the author or as a reader. The blog will obviously focus on biking as transport and combining that with other forms of transport, but if I decide to write about food or fishing or anything else it's fair game.

So, that's it. I'm back.

I had a bit of any adventure on today's commute. I don't want to say too much about it, but here's a link that reports the "facts."  http://www.ktuu.com/news/apd-investigating-body-found-in-woods-near-sullivan-arena-071613,0,3689453.story

No comments:

Post a Comment