Wednesday, January 15, 2014

And With Her Came the Birds

You know, I always have these great ideas about things I want to write about. I usually come up with them while on the bike. By the time I get to where I'm going and settle in, I've forgotten just what it was that seemed like such a good topic. Meh. It is what it is.

I could write about the nearly two hours it took me to get home last evening. On a standing room only bus. See I got to the bus stop a bit early. I left early as it was snowing and I figured it could take me a bit longer than usual. It didn't. It took the 4:05 bus a bit longer to arrive, though. Normally I shun this bus with every ounce of my being. It is always packed and most of the riders seem less than happy to have me try to shove my fat bike into the limited space. Given that the bus was nearly 15 minutes late in arriving, I decided that the roads must be a bit iffy and thus it would make the most sense to hop this bus and deal with the crowding than to wait for the next bus, which might be even later than the first.

I think it was the right choice. From what I heard this AM, the 6:00 PM bus didn't get back to the valley until after 8. Not sure on the 4:30 bus, but I'm sure it, too, was a slow slog.



Heck, by the time I got to the bus stop in the Valley I was so spent that I didn't even fight when the wife asked if she could pick me up since she was out picking up the daughter anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment